- 97% of patents are worthless. Are you one of the 3-percenters? We can tell you.
- The classic “patent brokerage” is broken. We’ve fixed it.
- Patent portfolios need to be positioned, packaged and marketed to carefully selected targets, not blast emailed to hundreds of companies at once.
- Patent portfolios need to reach the right people at the right companies. The head of IP transactions. The decision-makers, not the analysts.
- Patent portfolios we submit always get reviewed carefully. Because we never submit junk or waste anyone’s time, we walk in the door with high credibility.
- Patent sale negotiations are hard and they are about real value, not outrageous demands, bluster or undervaluing your IP assets. Don’t leave them to a salesperson or to even to a great patent attorney. Leave them to professional negotiators. Like us.
- Claims charts are often important. But fancy Clio-award-winning claim charts don’t work any better than straightforward ones. Buyers care about the power of the claims, not fancy colors they’re dressed up in.
- Patent sales are almost never smooth. They are more like a roller-coaster ride in the middle of a hurricane. Don’t even consider doing them yourself or hiring a fair-weather broker. There can be issues with assignments. Questions about ownership. Prior assertions of infringement. Assertions your claims are invalid. Threats of declaratory judgments. We’ve dealt with them all – and with worse.
- Relationships are hard to come by. Anyone can make a cold call or send a lukewarm email, but that isn’t where you should start. We have close personal relationships with all of the leading NPEs, with major venture capitalists, with leading technology attorneys and with leading Global 1000 technology executives. And those we don’t know are not far away but typically only 1 or 2 degrees of separation from us.
- License, sell to a licensing entity, litigate or sell to a litigating entity? Yes, there are four choices, but they aren’t created equal. Every case is different. We’ll give you our clear appraisal and, because we are not attorneys, we welcome working with yours when it comes to specific legal matters.